The Old Days

I miss the old days of the blogging world -- circa 2011 -- when far-flung home schoolers got to know each other better by endless scrolling through each other's blogs. But that was a long time ago. Since then we all have graduated high-school, gone to college, gotten real jobs, moved into apartments or houses, and maybe even gotten married or had babies.

What with building lives and being out in the world, many of us have lessened our social media presence considerably. And that's glorious, really. Once there were lengthy blog posts and daily posts and now we share only snippets about ourselves in Instagram stories, or simply lurk on apps and sites and don't say a word. We've put down roots in the real world and made efforts to be "more in the moment." 

But somewhere during the pursuit of "being in the moment" I stopped documenting all the good stuff. Time is flying by without markers. I want to appreciate all the joy that there is in this new adventure. So let's see, maybe  I can capture something here. I don't want it to take over my time like it did back in high-school, but I do want to re-introduce myself.

Six years ago my days were filled with books, logging into online classrooms, and writing pages and pages for fun. Now I'm working a nine to five and thinking about things like bills and credit scores. 

I've been meditating on the concept of "homegrown." It's not just tomatoes and asparagus that are homegrown -- it's the best parts of us that our family and friends cultivate. So, that is what I want to document here -- all the glory of the homegrown bits of life.

Comments

  1. 🥰 Love you, Sister! Your Gram would be so proud!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment